After a bit of a break due to holidays and stag parties, I thought I’d get round to finally doing this here Liebster Award thingy, which was very kindly bestowed upon me by ClaratsiMovieBlog, Cinema Train and Mettel Ray Movie Blog. Thanks guys, really appreciate it! So here’s my entry…
11 things about me
- I support Manchester United FC
- I have a scar on my forehead from where I fell down some stairs and hit my head on a table as a child.
- I can write shorthand to 100 words per minute
- I have quite a prevalent stammer
- I once bought the theme song from The Flintstones movie on cassette
- I used to rollerblade until I knackered my shoulder
- I don’t like coffee
- The first gig I went to was Green Day
- I hate moths
- I used to know the words to all the songs in both Aladdin and The Lion King. I don’t anymore.
- I’m awful at drawing. Like, really bad.
Questions from ClaratsiMovieBlog
1. Cats or dogs? Cats. I like other people’s dogs but couldn’t own one.
2. What’s your favourite sport? Football (soccer). Not the most inspired choice, I know.
3. What’s the first film you saw at the cinema? The first film I remember seeing is Fern Gully
4. How old were you? It came out in ’92, so I would have been 6.
5. If you could meet any movie star, who would it be? Liv Tyler
6. What would you ask them? To run away with me. Or to borrow a tenner.
7. Would you be a geek and ask them for an autograph or a picture? I don’t understand why people want autographs; it’s just a scribble on some paper. I might ask for a photo though.
8. Share one tip for successful blogging. Get involved. Comment and interact with as many other bloggers as possible.
9. Where is the greatest place you have ever been? Disneyland is pretty amazing!
10. Have you ever met anyone really famous? No-one super famous to be honest. A few minor celebs maybe.
11. Which movie star do you really not get? Megan Fox. Not sure what the fuss is really about.
Questions from Cinema Train
1. What is your favourite genre of film? I quite like sci-fi films, although wouldn’t call myself a geek. Not really sure I have a favourite to be honest.
2. Who is your favourite director? Stanley Kubrick
3. In your opinion, should Citizen Kane be known as the greatest movie ever? Most important maybe. Greatest? I don’t think so.
4. Do you have a favourite professional movie critic? If so, who? I don’t really. Mark Kermode is OK I guess.
5. What was the last movie you watched? Zombieland
6. What was one of your favourite movies as a child? I used to watch both Ghostbusters films on repeat when I was younger.
7. Have you ever met a famous person? If so, who was it? I’ve not met many famous people, and those who I have met would barely register on the celeb scale.
8. What is your favorite movie-watching snack? Chocolate covered raisins.
9. Who is your favorite musical artist? I’m counting that as band as well, so I’d have to say Pearl Jam.
10. What is one of your favorite movie trilogies? The original Star Wars trilogy.
11. Would you rather attend the Cannes festival or the Oscars? Definitely the Cannes festival.
Questions from Mettel Ray Movie Blog
1. What movie made you love movies? Probably Star Wars. As a child I would get completely immersed in it.
2. What else do you like except movies? I love playing sports, even though I’m not particularly good at them.
3. Favorite breakfast food? A cooked breakfast of sausages, bacon, eggs, etc.
4. Going to the cinema or staying at home? Going to the cinema. I’d go every night if I could.
5. Is there a movie you hated in the past but now like? I used to hate The Exorcist because it scared me. It still scares me but now I like the film.
6. Superman or Batman? Batman
7. Does gossip effect your opinions about actors/directors? Not in the slightest. Gossip just annoys me.
8. What is your movie related dream to achieve? I would like to see a screenplay I’d written up on the big screen.
9. How many out of 6 movies can you name I’ve used on my RULE images on this post? Four
10. Latest movie you regret watching. I never regret watching a film.
11. Favorite movie/TV-show quote. Pretty much anything from Wayne’s World.
Now we come to the bit where I nominate others for the award, but as I’m quite late to this party, many have already been nominated and have already filled out their own entry, so it’ll likely be somewhat of a pointless endeavour. Some of the selections will also likely be the same as the One Lovely Blog Award. Therefore, you can consider yourselves ALL nominated. I read pretty much everyone’s blog I follow, and they’re all great, so I can heartily recommend them all! Well done to all of you! If you would like to take part, here are some questions you can answer and the rules to follow (even though I have essentially broken those).
1. Have you ever walked out of a film? If so, what?
2. Do you own any film memorabilia?
3. What’s your favourite movie twist?
4. Which film do you wish you had seen at the cinema but never managed to?
5. Do you like reading in depth film analysis or find it a bit pretentious?
6. If you could erase any film from history, what would it be?
7. Do you tell people to be quiet in a cinema or just suffer through their noise?
8. Do you enjoy 3D films?
9. Are there any film genres you simply can’t stand?
10. Would you be a film hero or villain if you had the choice?
11. Would you rather have hooves for feet or no elbows?
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to
4. Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs