Well there we go, it’s all done and dusted. This blogathon, which I co-hosted with Mark from Three Rows Back, has been a great experience. I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with some great bloggers, some familiar, some not-so familiar and I think it’s been a great success. There have been some fantastic posts, covering a wide range of directors and films, which is exactly what Mark and I were hoping for. There are some classics in there and also some directors I hadn’t even heard of, which has helped me broaden my knowledge that little bit more.
First of all I would like to say thanks to Mark for proposing the idea of doing the blogathon in the first place. I’d toyed with the idea of a blogathon for a while but didn’t really know what to do and how to go about organising it, but Mark gave me the impetus to do that. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with him and if you don’t follow his great blog already, I urge you to do so.
And of course an enormous thank you to everyone who has taken the time to get involved. I know you all have busy lives and are busy tending to your own blogs, but we’ve both been overwhelmed with the response, enthusiasm and quality of the work produced. Every piece was a belter.
Here is a list of all the posts in the blogathon…
- John Lasseter – Toy Story (1995) via Video as Life
- Wes Anderson – Bottle Rocket (1996) via Big Screen Small Words
- Jodie Foster – Little Man Tate (1991) via The IPC
- Terrence Malick – Badlands (1973) via Cinematic
- John Huston – The Maltese Falcon (1941) via Keith & the Movies
- Jean-Luc Godard – Breathless (À Bout de Souffle) (1960) via Ewan at the Cinema
- David Lynch – Eraserhead (1977) via Film Police
- Clint Eastwood – Play Misty for Me (1971) via Cindy Bruchman
- Alejandro González Iñárritu – Amores Perros (2000) via Committed to Celluloid
- Bong Joon-Ho – Barking Dogs Never Bite (2000) via She Speaks Movies
- Darren Aronofsky – Pi (1998) via KaramelKinema
- Alfred Hitchcock – The Pleasure Garden (1925) via The Soul of the Plot
- Duncan Jones – Moon (2009) via The Cinematic Katzenjammer
- Frank Henenlotter – Basket Case (1982) via From The Depths of DVD Hell
- Hayao Miyazaki – Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro (1979) via Tranquil Dreams
- Christopher Nolan – Following (1998) via The Silver Screener
- David Gordon Green – George Washington (2000) via And So It Begins…
- Sam Mendes – American Beauty (1999) via The Running Reel
- Ben Affleck – Gone Baby Gone (2007) via FlixChatter
- Andrew Dominik – Chopper (2000) via ccpopculture
- Quentin Tarantino – Reservoir Dogs (1992) via Head in a Vice
- Danny Boyle – Shallow Grave (1994) via Blank Page Beatdown
- Stanley Kubrick – Fear and Desire (1953) via Terry Malloy’s Pigeon Coop
- Steven Soderbergh – Sex, Lies and Videotape (1989) via Three Rows Back
- The Coen Brothers – Blood Simple (1984) via Marked Movies
Again, thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to contribute. This has been a lot of fun, and we may well run another blogathon in the future. If we do, we hope to see you there.