Amazing Minimalist Film Posters

Over the past few years, a trend has emerged for creating minimalist film posters, and some of them are absolutely fantastic. In fact, a lot of them are better than the official posters for the films. Most are just done by movie and graphic design fans but some, such as Olly Moss, have forged a career from such posters (as well as some pretty awesome other stuff). So here are just a few of some of the amazing minimalist movie posters out there that I take absolutely no credit for whatsoever…

Jaws

Full Metal Jacket

Full Metal Jacket

Aliens

66c2de67.jpg.505x650_q85

Tagged , , , , ,

62 thoughts on “Amazing Minimalist Film Posters

I love these types of posters! Out of the ones you included I really like the Indiana Jones one, pretty clever. There’s also this cool one for Reservoir Dogs: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/4/1/1270117738636/Reservoir-Dogs-004.jpg

Love these designs, look really great.

Some great stuff here Chris. The Usual Suspects and American Werewolf ones are very clever I had to think about those a little.

LOVE EM!!!!

5. johnlink00 says:

Really awesome find here. That Usual Suspects poster kills it. If you couldn’t guess, I’m also a fan of the Ghostbusters design.

These are absolutely awesome, I particularly love the Alien and The Usual Suspects one. Mondo also does great posters, they recently released one on 300:The Rise of an Empire.

7. Dan says:

I love a good minimalist film poster. That Aliens one is pretty clever. Likewise, I love that Star Wars one, the minimal feel works really well. Another one I’m impressed with is the American Werewolf poster – I’d like that on my wall!

This is awesome!!! I’m not sure which I like best! The Usual Suspects is just terrific!! Great post!!!

9. jjames36 says:

Those are all pretty cool. My favorite is probably A Clockwork Orange’s.

Aliens and Clockwork Orange are really incredible, the former is so clever!

11. Mark Hobin says:

A great game would be to print all of these induvidually on post cards sans titles. The object would be to guess the movie from the simple design.

Great stuff!

12. MojosWork says:

These are so awesome I want to design one myself. Give me a movie, Malloy.

WHOA!! These are absolutely brilliant! Thanks for spotlighting these Chris, I wish I could buy them to line the wall of my entertainment room! My faves are JAWS, Superman, Star Wars and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but all are fantastic!

• I’m pretty sure you can buy some of them online, they would look fantastic on the walls of an entertainment room. I know that Olly Moss, the guy I linked to, sells some of his prints. I love the Indiana Jones one too, such a clever use of negative space.

14. Most of these are so awesome! You know how I love this type of poster. My favorites were AAWIL, Ghostbusters, Last Crusade, Usual Suspects and Clockwork Orange.

15. Nick Powell says:

These are great. For some reason, I love the hell out of the Superman one…

16. Monkeyboy says:

These are ace. Shame they don’t use them for official posters. They’d make for good reversible blu-ray covers though. I’d like to see more of that kind of thing on disc releases.

17. Victor De Leon says:

I LOVE these! They totally rule. Thanks for sharing them!

18. I love this recent-ish tradition of fan posters for classic movies. Great post idea Chris. Particularly like the American Werewolf in London one.

That Full Metal Jacket one is my favorite. Love these kind of posters.

20. Sweet. Love your post. I would buy these, for sure! Love Indiana Jones and American Werewolf in London.

21. Beer Movie says:

Nice little collection. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some studios cotton on and start employing some of these people for official poster work. Jaws and especially Superman are my favourite of this lot.

22. lauren says:

Wow these are fab. Love The Usual Suspects one especially!

23. Love these! I think my favourites are Rosemary’s Baby and Ghostbusters. They’re immediately recognisable, which means excellent graphic design.

24. Wow! These are really amazing!

25. elina says:

The Jaws one had me sold on this post from the first look. Awesome picks!

26. thycriticman says:

Those are incredible. I fell in love with the Jaws one! I find some of these more effective than the real ones, crazy huh?

27. table9mutant says:

These are excellent. Some very clever stuff here! Love the Indiana Jones one. And American Werewolf In London. And… Well, all of them! : )

28. I love these posters. Some of them are pretty hilarious.

29. I love the ones for American Werewolf and Indiana Jones… those are in the “I wish I’d thought of that” category. Brilliant ideas and executions. Ghostbusters is pretty good, though like The Usual Suspects it kind of relies on already knowing the film. A lot of the others are great as well.

30. Alex Withrow says:

Oh wow, those are all fantastic. That Usual Suspects one is perfect. Great post!