Blog Update

Office-Space

This is a post I really didn’t want to have to write.

As I mentioned in a recent post, my blog activity has been much diminished from what it used to be. This was primarily because I had shoulder surgery and so was laid up for a while with pretty much only one arm. I’m out of the sling now and doing much better, by the way.

However, work was also a major factor. A few months ago I got a new job and it’s been a hell of a lot busier than my old one. I’m a copywriter and spend pretty much my whole day writing, sometimes spilling out in excess of 4,000 words a day. This takes up a lot of my time and also means that pretty much the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit behind a computer.

Now, let’s be clear from the off – I AM NOT QUITTING BLOGGING! I simply enjoy it too much and enjoy chatting with all of you amazing people. All I’m saying here is that I probably won’t be around as much. Work is hectic and looks like it will only get busier (which is no bad thing really).

I will still post when I can and I will still stop by as much as I can, but I just won’t be able to come by daily as I usually do. But you will definitely still see my floating round the place!

I also hope you’ll still stop by here when I do post something. I know a lot of bloggers don’t like it when commenting isn’t reciprocated, but I still hope to see some friendly faces around from time to time.

Well that’s pretty much it. As I say, I’ll still be around but just maybe not as much as I have been. But there’s no way I’d walk away completely from you lovely lot.

74 thoughts on “Blog Update

1. Popcorn Nights says:

Hey man, shame you won’t be around quite so much, it’s always good to hear your thoughts on films and read your technical posts etc. I think you were the very first person to comment on my first ever post, ha ha. But all understandable – real life often gets in the way (or rather blogging gets in the way of real life). Will keep my eyes peeled for the occasional post. Keep on trucking!

And I was thinking you were giving up. Happy to see you are not.

Take your rest when needed, understandable. I’m on the email list, so will be up to date when you post something and drop by when I can.

• No way mate, I’ll still be around! Just wanted to let people know why I’m not around as much. But good to hear you’ll stillbe around mate, and I’ll definitely still pop by your joint when I can πŸ™‚

3. Ewan M says:

All the best with the work, and I will continue to look forward to new posts from time to time! Always enjoy your reviews.

4. Marc Winger says:

I can imagine how difficult it must be to be writing that many words, during a day, coming up with ideas even if you have a model to do, with an arm that is healing. If I’m writing a 150, 300, 500 or 1000 word thing & multiply that into what you do; it makes me tired to think of it.
    We do what we have to do. Take care of yourself, will keep you in my rss feed client. I don’t care much for the silly wordpress reader thingie.

5. thomasjford says:

Just remember what Bill Shankly said “blogging isn’t a matter of life and death, it’s more important than that”. πŸ˜‰ haha.

6. elina says:

Aw! I love your blog so that’s really sad to hear. Hope to see you around at least a bit, though! πŸ˜‰

7. Are you saying your job is an impediment? πŸ˜‰ Stick it in the ice box, pal!

8. I just assumed you had take time off to finish building that Daniel Craig sex robot.

Also if you don’t reply to my comment i’ll be upset and hate you forever

This is a sad day for the blogging community, my man. Since I started this whole experience myself, you have always been around. I’m glad to hear you still will be on occasion. Too many good bloggers have disappeared over the years. I’ll still look out for your stuff, though, buddy. It’s a fine site you’ve been running. πŸ™‚

10. Mr. Movie says:

Congratulations on your new job as a copywriter, sounds like a sweet job! Looking forward to your blogging, even if it’ll be less frequent!

11. Rincewind says:

oh no worries, bring on some goodie posts now and then when you feel like it. and congrats on the new job,

12. It happened to me as well. I changed my format to much shorter and to the point reviews to help me continue to make content.

Maybe something similar may work for you.

i wish u a safe recovery

14. Fair dues mate. I’m in a similar situation at the moment; struggling to find the time. Do you still want to do the Blogathon by the way?

15. Like many others, I wish you a safe recovery and congratulations on your new position. If you do have the time to watch a movie, I have Bambi synced with Pink Floyd. You can watch it here, second video. http://www.moviessynced.com/page4/index.html

16. Brittani says:

I’m glad you’ll still be around! Good luck at your new job.

17. Chris, thanks for the head’s up. Keep yours up as well! I sit a computer pretty much all day and it’s depressing to be glued to a chair. Don’t forget to walk around and breath outside. Your Terry Malone icon is one I always look for when I post, hoping you’ll comment and like. I’ve enjoyed your blog a lot. Ta!

This is bullshit.

J/K – congrats!!!

I should still be here when you get around to talking to us πŸ™‚

19. Quality over quantity Chris! πŸ™‚ Glad to hear your shoulder is faring better.

Adam.

Good luck in your new job! I’m definitely gonna continue to visit!

21. As I started reading I prepared for the worst, but I was so glad to see you’re not going away, just stepping back a little. What can I say? I get you, man. Hope to see you around!

22. Good luck with your new job πŸ˜€

23. No worries! I appreciate the update, but your blog is awesome and I would read it even if you didn’t post reciprocal comments πŸ™‚

24. Gosh I feel like I am in the same boat as you the past 2 weeks, I have been so busy and mustering the energy to write is so hard some days. Which really sucks, if only we could paid to do this everyday, bags and bags of money to blog yay! We’ll be here don’t you fret!

25. ZoΓ« says:

PHEW! Came here expecting to see you toss in the towel, which would have really sucked! Glad to see that that is not the case. Congratulations on the job though, and looking forward to seeing your posts pop up from time to time!

26. Patricia says:

Yeah, it is tough to regularly update a blog on top of everything else. Good luck with your new job! Your posts have always been a delight, and judging from the above comments, I’m not alone on this. I’ll be keeping a look out for your next update, if and when it pops up!

27. movierob says:

congrats Chris. Look forward to seeing you around every so often.

Best of luck!

28. jackdeth72 says:

Hi, Terry:

Just a bit of whimsy regarding your post’s top photo of Mr. Root.

When the versatile character actor signed on for a recurring role as a Kentucky judge in FX’s Justified . There was a red Swingline stapler placed prominently on the judge’s rather expansive mahogany desk. Which took up a nice chunk of the judge’s chambers.

Take your time. Pace yourself and recover.

Hey Chris! I totally get it man, but hey I’m glad that you’re not quitting. Whew! You’re one of my fave bloggers as you know, so I’ll definitely stop by whenever you decide to post! Since you’re a copywriter, it must be tough coming home and have to write some more. Glad to hear your work is fulfilling though, best of luck with that my friend. I’m going on holiday for about 2 weeks myself, we’re going to Amsterdam-Bruges-Paris, leaving tomorrow! πŸ™‚

• Hey Ruth! Thanks so much, means a lot that you like my blog πŸ™‚ But I’m definitely not quitting, I just might be around less than usual. It can be tough finding the time and willing to write when all I’ve done at work is write but I still want to get stuff on the blog, it’s addictive!

Sounds like an amazing holiday, hope you’re having a great time and I look forward to hearing about it when you’re back πŸ™‚

30. Congrats on the new job, man! Glad to hear you’ll still be blogging from time to time.

31. Just having a bit of a catch up, wondered where you’d disappeared to and found this post. Sorry you won’t be around quite as much – always find your reviews a good read and will miss hearing your insightful thoughts. Hope we keep in touch – I’ll definitely keep dropping by to see if you’ve made any updates! Good luck in the new job! πŸ™‚

32. rorydean says:

I caught your post here and let me say it rings true loud and clear. I’ve had my own delays and life interruptions for a really long time, big enough to detour my own posts and getting around for frequent neighborhood jaunts and pigeon cooping. So I’m popping over to say I hear you and best of luck. A lot of the comments seem to echo the same sentiment, namely the importance of the writing and the incredible commitment it takes both professionally and personally to keep at it with any kind of balance, poise or institution. I think more than anything it’s good to know we’re all struggling similarly in our day-to-day happenings, finding and making it matter because there just isn’t any alternative – writer’s write because they can’t not write. Cheers->

33. le0pard13 says:

Take care on your recovery, Chris. Your readers will be here waiting whenever you return πŸ™‚

34. Tom says:

Cheers good sir, I can understand taking some time away. Having a writing job plus blogging as much as you do can be extremely exhaustive. I’ve often wondered what’s going to happen to my own activity here when I do land myself a proper, big boy job. πŸ™‚ I’m definitley wanting to somehow convert this writing into a full-time career, so there’s no telling what the timeline is for DSB either. Its a sad thought sometimes, but changes have to happen. Good to hear that you’ll be staying around though. Don’t feel obligated at all to stop by but I look forward to when and if you do. πŸ˜€

35. Totally understandable. We gotta do what we gotta do, right? I’ll still be checking out your posts when you get those out πŸ™‚ Congrats on the new job and happy to hear you’re recovering well.