Sunday Soundtrack – Where is My Mind? (Pixies)

I thought I’d try and do something new to try and add a little variety to my blog, and as I don’t have as much time right now to post, I wanted to do something quick and easy. So here is Sunday Soundtrack where I sling up some of the best music and track found in film. Not the most original idea in the world, but I don’t care. I won’t promise to do it every Sunday as I’ll probably forget but the alliterative opportunity here was too nice to pass up.

So here’s the first Sunday Soundtrack – Where is My Mind? by Pixies from the amazing Fight Club

If you’ve got any favourite music from the movies, let me know below and I’ll feature it at some point in the future.

Tagged , , , ,

25 thoughts on “Sunday Soundtrack – Where is My Mind? (Pixies)

1. Great feature 🙂 I have a similar one in “From and Inspired By”. Love the format because it’s quick and easy but still a cool post. Keep ’em comin’.
    Oh, this reminds me I just bought Fight Club on Blu-Ray a few days ago.

2. This is one of my favourite movie/music combinations, great choice

3. Great choice, Chris. We all have such little time. Great tunes are always cool. Please stop by soon. 🙂

Great idea Chris, hope you keep it up. No worries tho, I often forget about posting my series too, ha..ha.. Well I love soundtracks and this is definitely a good one!

5. Stu says:

Great song, great band and great scene! This is one of those spine-tingling moments – I remember the first time I watched it and saw those buildings coming down…such a great end to the film.

Fight Club’s a movie I constantly change my opinion of. When I first saw it I loved it but then found it over-hyped. When I watched it again, I was amazed. But the music does work very well with the film.

LOVE this song. The entire soundtrack is amazing but the song really made the ending even more amazing.

8. Abbi says:

Very, very cool. Can I suggest Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits from Empire Records.

9. Nice choice and nice feature Chris. Will have a think of a good tune!

10. Dan says:

Great song. Fight Club was a great film to begin with but when I heard this Pixies track flood the speakers I knew I had a new favorite film.

11. jackdeth72 says:

Good stuff, Terry. And well executed!

Been a fan of the use of Buffalo Springfield’s ‘For What It’s Worth’ laying the foundation for ‘Lord of War’ in its genesis of one 7.62 rifle round. From its factory in some depressing Com Bloc country. To some crowded Third World African back water.

A succinct thumbnail of post Cold War soviet expansionism laid bare in under three minutes.

There was a film called Drive I think…….that soundtrack was amazing 🙂

13. Fight Club used this song *perfectly* — great pick, Chris!

14. Zoë says:

Loving the feature!

This is such an awesome song!

15. Great song! I really love Emily Browning’s cover of it in Sucker Punch.